How to Create a Gmail Account?
It is as easy to create a new Gmail email account as it is free.
A New Free @gmail.com Email Address from Google
Want a new email address—with a better user name perhaps; more storage for your messages; or a precise spam filter maybe?
A Gmail account can offer you all this. You can use it to access your existing email accounts and profit from its eliminating junk, for example. You can use it to archive old mail.
You can use it as a backup.
You can also use it as an email account.
To set up a new Gmail email account:
Step by Step Screenshot Walkthrough
- Visit Create your Google Account for Gmail.
- Enter your first and last names under Name.
- Type your desired username under Choose your username.Note: Your Gmail email address will be that user name followed by “@ “; If your Gmail username is “example”, for instance, your Gmail address will be “example@ “.
- If Gmail lets you know that your desired username is not available, enter a different desired name under Choose your username or click one of the proposals under Available:.
- Type the desired password for your Gmail account under both Create a password and Confirm your password.Important: Make sure you pick an email password that is difficult to guess.
For enhanced security, you should later enable two-point authentication for your Gmail account.
- Select and enter your birth date under Birthday.
- Choose your gender under Gender.
- Optionally, enter your mobile phone number under Mobile phone for account verification and authorization.Tip: You do not need to specify a phone number to sign up for Gmail.
- Optionally, enter an existing email address under Your current email addressif you want to be able to recover a lost password with it.Tip: You do not have to specify this secondary email address to create a Gmail account.
Note: You will have to verify the email address belongs to you by following a link in an email received from Gmail.
- If prompted, type the characters in the captcha picture under Prove you’re not a robot.
- Select your country or location under Location.
- Click Next step.
- Click I AGREE.
- Now click Continue to Gmail.
How to Access the Gmail Account—and Your Existing Email in It
In addition to accessing Gmail on the web, you can also set it up in desktop and mobile email programs.
In addition to using your new @email address, Gmail lets you access existing POP email accounts, both for sending and for receiving mail.