How to Open Any Gmail Message in Full?
When a lengthy email ends with these words in Gmail, you know what to do: click View entire message.
When a lengthy email ends abruptly and, you suspect, with its best and finishing part left out in Gmail, what do you do? You can open the email in a separate browser window, of course, but that just yields the same ending in a different format. Or you take a look at the source: everything is there for sure, just not in a legible format.
Fortunately, Gmail does not clip messages when formatting them for printing. You don’t have to commit them to paper to take a look at the full monty.
Open Any Gmail Message in Full
To see any message in its entirety with Gmail:
- Open the message.
- Click the down arrow next to the Reply button near the message’s top.
- Select Print.
- When the browser’s print dialog comes up, click Cancel.
As an Alternative:
- Open the desired message in Gmail.
- Click the down arrow next to Reply.
- Select Show original.
- Click in your browser’s address bar.
- Make sure the entire URL is highlighted.
- Hit Ctrl-C (Windows, Linux) or Command-C (Mac).
- Go to the Open Entire Gmail Message page.
- Hit Ctrl-V (Windows, Linux) or Command-V (Mac).
- Hit Enter or press the Open Entire Message button.